Dressing, Transparent Film (3M Tegaderm), 06cm x 7cm, 3M-1624W, Per Piece
- Availability: In Stock
3M™ Tegaderm™ and Tegaderm™ HP Transparent Film Dressings consist of a thin film backing with a hypoallergenic, latex-free adhesive that gently, yet securely, adheres to skin. Tegaderm™ dressings are breathable, sterile, transparent and waterproof, and provide a barrier to external contaminants. Tegaderm™ HP Film has a special adhesive for greater holding power in the presence of moisture. Specially designed Tegaderm™ dressings, with unique shapes and securing tapes provide solutions for difficult to dress wounds and I.V. catheters.
100 Pcs/Box, 4 Boxes/Case
- Versatile- one product to satisfy many clinical situations Tegaderm™ dressings can be used to protect I.V. sites, enhance wound healing, prevent skin breakdown, and protect clean, closed surgical incisions. Tegaderm™ dressings are available in many sizes, shapes and application styles to meet a wide variety of needs. The frame allows the dressings to be tailored for special applications, when desired. Application systems of most other transparent dressings do not allow for this customization.
- Easy to apply- unique frame delivery system Application of Tegaderm™ dressing is intuitive and quick, making it easy to remember and easy to teach. It is especially convenient for patient self-care. Tegaderm™ dressing minimizes application time and saves dressing waste and costs. The frame delivery system provides maximum control of the thin film for rapid application of even the largest dressings. The unique “picture-frame” allows precise and secure placement of the dressing every time. If the adhesive surface accidentally touches itself, the dressing can be separated and applied, eliminating wasted dressings. Tegaderm™ dressing is also available in a first-aid style delivery system for the health care professional who prefers this application method.
- Gentle adhesive- just the right balance in adhesive strength Tegaderm™ dressings are made with a hypoallergenic, latex-free adhesive that is gentle to the skin, yet’securely holds catheters and other devices in place. Tegaderm™ dressing provides good initial adhesion without building to excessive levels over time. Even for dressings left in place for extended periods, the risk of patient discomfort and skin trauma is minimal when the dressing is properly removed. The hydrophilic nature of the Tegaderm™ HP Film adhesive makes it exceptionally adherent and useful for moist conditions and difficult-to-dress areas. It provides extra holding power, reducing unscheduled dressing changes.
- Breathable- lets oxygen in and moisture vapor out The breathability of Tegaderm™ dressings allows moisture vapor and gas exchange, which is essential to maintain normal skin function under the dressing. Patients can wear Tegaderm™ dressings for extended periods of time, with minimal risk of skin irritation or maceration, and without excessive proliferation of skin flora.
- Waterproof, sterile barrier- impervious to liquids, bacteria and viruses* Tegaderm™ dressing acts as a barrier to protect the I.V. site or wound from external contaminants such as bacteria, viruses,* blood and body fluids. Because Tegaderm™ dressings are waterproof, patients may bathe, shower or swim, if the dressing is completely sealed around the catheter or wound. Tegaderm™ dressing is sterile and remains so as long as the outer package is intact. Do not resterilize by gamma, steam, or E-beam. * In vitro testing shows that the transparent film of 3M™ Tegaderm™ brand dressings provide a viral barrier for viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage. Tegaderm™ Film is a selective barrier* FLUIDS, VIRUSES, BACTERIA, WATER, OXYGEN, MOISTURE VAPOR and CO2 Tegaderm™ dressings are breathable, sterile, transparent and waterproof, and provide a barrier to external contaminants.
- Conformable- flexes with skin for greater patient comfort 3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressing conforms to body contours, stretches easily, and prevents stress on the skin when the patient moves. It protects skin and bony prominences from abrasion, and allows the patient to move easily. Tegaderm™ dressing is comfortable to wear and presents a flat profile. The special shapes of Tegaderm™ dressings conform easily on difficult-to-dress areas, such as jugular and PICC insertion sites, and sacral wounds.
- Enhanced wound healing- improved outcomes and patient comfort. Tegaderm™ dressing seals in natural wound fluid to maintain a moist environment, which has been shown to enhance the healing process. It prevents scab formation and dehydration of the wound bed, which can occur with conventional dry dressings. Tegaderm™ dressing provides a wound environment that allows epithelial cells to migrate easily across the wound surface, reducing pain caused by wound dehydration, and increases patient comfort.
- Transparent- allows wounds and I.V. sites to be easily monitored The transparency of Tegaderm™ dressing provides complete visibility of the site during application. It
also allows continuous monitoring of the I.V. site or wound without disturbing or removing the dressing. This visualization eliminates unnecessary dressing changes and saves nursing time. Fewer dressing changes—increased patient comfort With Tegaderm™ dressing, fewer dressing changes mean improved patient comfort and the risk of skin trauma from repeated adhesive removal is reduced. For I.V. care, fewer dressing changes result in less catheter manipulation, and reduced exposure to potential outside contaminants. For wound applications, the longer wear time of Tegaderm™ dressing allows the wound to remain undisturbed, thereby preventing disruption of the healing process.
- Affordable- can be worn longer than tape and gauze dressings The HICPAC/CDC Guideline for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infection supports
longer wear times for transparent dressings than tape and gauze dressings for I.V. applications.13 Less frequent dressing changes save nursing time and supply costs such as preps, gloves, and dressing materials.
- Clinically proven- efficacious for I.V. site and wound care Numerous clinical trials by independent researchers support the use of Tegaderm™ transparent dressings for both I.V. site and wound care. Internationally recognized I.V. guidelines base site care recommendations on clinical studies using Tegaderm™ dressings. Most of the major I.V. studies have been conducted on high-risk patients with central catheters. The results of the largest, prospective randomized trials of central line dressings have proven that Tegaderm™ dressings are as safe as gauze and tape, even when worn for longer periods of time. The extended wear times of Tegaderm™ dressings did not increase the risk of I.V. catheter-related bacteremias. Several studies of peripheral I.V. catheters have also been conducted. The largest of these, with 2088 catheters, demonstrated the safety and cost-effectiveness of Tegaderm™ dressings left in place for the duration of catheterization. Wound studies have demonstrated the importance of transparent dressings for rapid healing, protection of the wound from external contamination, and patient comfort. Clinical dossiers, one for the use of Tegaderm™ dressings for I.V. Therapy and the other for Wound Care, are available from your 3M representative upon request. Radiologically transparent, Tegaderm™ dressing is radiologically transparent. Removing the dressing from a patient prior to x-ray is not necessary.
- (if) with pad- Protecting your patients and organization, from surgical site infections (SSIs) never, comes down to just one thing. It’s recommended to use a sterile dressing to help reduce the risk of infection. Mangram, AJ, et al. Guideline for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Vol. 20, No.4; 268, 1999. So we engineered 3M™ Tegaderm™ +Pad. Film Dressing with Non-Adherent Pad to include three advanced performance features :
- Clear Difference- Unlike gauze dressings, Tegaderm™ +Pad Dressings offer a transparent, waterproof film that serves as a barrier. Tegaderm™ +Pad Dressings are breathable, letting oxygen in and moisture vapor out, allowing the skin to function normally.
- Dual Purpose Barrier- Testing has demonstrated that Tegaderm™ +Pad Dressings provide a bacterial barrier, even against some of the most common organisms associated with SSI: Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.* Tegaderm™ +Pad Dressings also provide a viral barrier against HIV-1 and HBV and other potentially infectious body fluids while the dressings remain intact without leakage.**In vitro testing shows that the transparent film dressingprovides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
- Easy Does It- Latex-free, hassle-free design is both patient and clinician-friendly. The pressure-sensitive adhesive film conforms naturally, holds strongly and releases gently — ensuring skin integrity. Plus, the non-adherent pad will not adhere to the wound bed, reducing pain upon removal. And a wide variety of standard sizes and shapes ensure timely, accurate placement.
Is there natural rubber latex in 3M Tegaderm +Pad Transparent Dressings with Absorbent Pad?
3M™ Tegaderm™ +Pad Transparent Dressing with Absorbent Pad Does Not Contain Natural Rubber Latex Or Dry Natural Rubber As Components In The Product, or Its Packaging.
If you have any questions please call the 3M Health Care Customer Helpline, 1-800-228-3957 (in the U.S.).
Is the product waterproof?
Yes, Tegaderm +Pad island dressing is waterproof and impermeable to bacteria.
Are Tegaderm +Pad dressings breathable?
All Tegaderm dressings are breathable. They allow moisture vapor to be evaporated from the skin and they are permeable to oxygen. There is much confusion in the marketplace regarding breathability of transparent dressings. It is further complicated by competitive comparisons by the various manufacturers, each promoting their own product as “most breathable.” Laboratory bench data, rather than clinical performance measurements, are the basis for these comparisons.
Is the absorbent pad the same as the 3M Microdon sheeting material?
Yes, it is the same material, except the island dressing pad is slightly thicker to provide better absorbency
Are these products available to “kit” or “tray” manufacturers?
Yes, all sizes are available in sterile form. Nonsterile product will be available in the near future.