Durable Barrier Cream (3M Cavilon), Per Tube
- Availability: In Stock
A concentrated, therapeutic cream that provides durable, long-lasting protection from body fluids while it moisturizes the skin. Resists wash off and therefore requires less frequent applications. The cream vanishes into the skin and does not transfer off to briefs or diapers. It contains dimethicone for skin protection.
General usage review
- long-lasting protection from urine, stool, and body fluids.
- allows tapes and dressings to adhere.
Durable Barrier Cream, 3.25 ounce (92gm) Tube
- Unique formula provides a breathable protectant barrier to promote skin health in patients at risk for skin damage.
- Resists wash-off to reduce need for reapplication, saving nursing time and supplies.
- Allows tapes and dressings to adhere.
- Hypoallergenic and pH balanced.
- Concentrated formula is cost-effective.
- Protecting “at-risk” skin from damage associated with incontinence.
- Protecting chafed, chapped skin.
- Moisturizing severely dry skin.
- Q: Can this product be used on damaged or open skin?
A: Best results are obtained when Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream is used for prevention of damage to intact skin at risk of breakdown. Protection of open or damaged skin may be better accomplished with 3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film.
- Q: Does Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream affect adhesion of 3M™ Medical Tapes?
A: It may increase adhesion of some tapes, in particular 3M™ Medipore™ H Soft Cloth Surgical Tape.
- Q: Can 3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film and 3M™ Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream be used in combination?
A: We do not recommend use of these products in combination. Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film should not be used in combination with any cream, lotion, ointment or paste as it may become gummy and the film will not perform as desired.
- Q: I can’t see the product. How will staff know it’s there?
A: Putting a protocol for scheduled application in place (e.g. applying at the beginning of every shift) will help reduce uncertainty. Healthy skin integrity will be evidence that the protocol is successful.
- Q: How often do I need to reapply Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream?
A: Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream will protect the skin through 3-4 cleansing episodes.
- Q: Can this product be used on infants?
- Q: Can Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream be used under ostomy pouches?
A: Some ostomy patients use the product because they like the moisturization and they can adhere the pouch over the cream. However, generally speaking, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film will perform more effectively for peristomal applications.