Sodium Chloride / IV Needs
Hartmann's Solution (B Braun), Compound Sodium Lactate, 500ml, 10 btl/pck
- Availability: In Stock
Compound Sodium Lactate (Hartmann’s) is used to replace body fluid and mineral salts that may be lost for a variety of medical reasons. It is especially suitable when the losses result in too much acid being present in the blood.
Compound Sodium Lactate (Hartmann’s) should not be given;
- If the solution is not clear.
- Through the same tubing as those containing blood.
- After the expiry date printed on the pack.
- If the packaging is torn or shows sign of tempering.
- To others.
For use in one patient on one occasion only.
It may have no effect at all, or worse, an entirely unexpected effect if you are given it after the expiry date has passed.
Compound Sodium Lactate (Hartmann’s) should not be given if you have an allergy to:
- Any ingredient listed at the end of this leaflet
- Any similar medicines to Compound Sodium Lactate (Hartmann’s)
- Some symptoms of an allergic reaction may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body
- Skin rash, itching or hives
You should not be given Compound Sodium Lactate (Hartmann’s) if you have, or have had, any of the following medical conditions:
- Congestive heart failure (constant wheezing, shortness of breath)
- Severe reduction in kidney function
- No production or passing of urine