No Sting Barrier Film (3M Cavilon), 28ml Pump Spray Bottle, 3M-3346, Per Bottle
- Availability: In Stock
A sting-free, alcohol-free liquid barrier film that dries quickly to form a breathable, transparent coating on the skin. Designed to protect intact or damaged skin from urine, feces, other body fluids, tape trauma, and friction. A hypoallergenic, non-cytotoxic liquid film which will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin.
- Completely alcohol-free formula will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin for patient comfort.
- Clinically proven to provide up to 72 hours of protection from irritation of urine and feces due to incontinence for cost-effective treatment using fewer supplies and less nursing time.
- Sterile, non-cytotoxic: will not interfere with skin or wound healing.
- Won’t clog or reduce absorbency of diapers or pads for cost-effective use of those products.
- Provides protection from adhesive tape trauma and complications related to tape use.
- Protecting intact or damaged skin from body fluids, adhesives and friction:
- Incontinence skin care
- Peri-stomal skin protection
- Peri-wound skin protection
- Peri-tube skin protection
- Adhesive trauma prevention
- Q: Can this product be used on open skin?
A: Yes, the product is non-stinging, and non-cytotoxic (meaning it will not interfere with healing). However, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film may not adhere adequately if the dermis is exposed and the affected area is weeping.
- Q: Does Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film affect adhesion?
A: The product does not interfere with adhesion of 3M™ Medical Tapes or adhesive dressings. We are not able to comment on the effect on other manufacturers’ products.
- Q: Can Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film be used around intravenous catheter insertion sites?
A: Yes. Versions (1 mL and 3 mL wand) may be used to protect skin from repeated dressing changes. Antimicrobial prep solutions should be allowed to dry completely before application of the barrier film. The film should not be applied to the area immediately surrounding the catheter. 3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressings may then be applied to cover and protect the insertion site.
- Q: Can Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film be used in conjunction with patches, plasters or other delivery systems for topical drugs?
A: No, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film, although moisture-vapor permeable does form a barrier over the epidermis so it is likely to interfere with the intended absorption of a drug.
- Q: Can Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film be used to minimize the effects of radiation dermatitis?
A: Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film may be used to keep skin dry and help reduce friction in an area that is being treated with radiation therapy. The film does not require removal before receiving treatment.
- Q: Does this product prevent pressure sores?
A: Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film helps to decrease friction, which plays a role in the development of pressure sores. In decreasing friction, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film may assist in resolving early (reversible) damage from pressure.