Self Adherent Wrap (3M Coban), 1-inch x 5 yards, Per Roll
- Availability: In Stock
A self-adherent elastic wrap that functions like a tape, but sticks only to itself. Available in sterile and nonsterile styles, and in a variety of widths and colors to meet your application needs. Coban self-adherent wrap is a laminate of nonwoven material and elastic fibers placed lengthwise to provide elasticity. The elastic wrap contains a cohesive material that makes it stick to itself but not to other materials or skin. Caution: This Product Contains Natural Rubber Latex Which May Cause Allergic Reactions.
- Comfortable: soft, breathable, lightweight, conformable
- Self-adherent: won’t stick to skin, hair, clothing or drapes
- Residue-free, gentle on fragile skin
- Slip-minimizing cohesion is ideal for active patients
- Available in two lengths and multiple widths
- Tears easily, quickly and cleanly by hand (Coban LF only) Secure, compress, immobilize
- Secure dressings on patients with fragile skin, or on difficult to dress areas such as the head, fingers or toes
- Secure IVs, catheters, sterile drapes, tubing, hot/cold packs and other devices
- Reduce swelling after arthroscopic and plastic surgery, liposuction and other cosmetic procedures
- Immobilize limbs for splints and casts
- Provide support for sprains and strains
- Position limbs properly for the OR
Does Coban wrap contain natural rubber latex?
Yes, the standard 3M™ Coban™ Self-Adherent Wrap’s cohesive strength is obtained from the natural rubber latex in the product composition.
Does 3M offer a latex free self-adherent wrap
Yes, 3M™ Coban™ LF Latex Free Self-Adherent Wrap is latex free and is available in sterile and non-sterile versions.
Can Coban wrap be sterilized?
Yes, Coban wrap can be sterilized using ethylene oxide sterilization. Testing in our laboratory has confirmed that ethylene oxide penetrates through the roll of
Coban wrap without altering the cohesive qualities of the product. Leave the Coban wrap wrapped in the “cellophane” package, place in a 3M™ STERI-LOK® Polyethylene bag or other appropriate sterilization packaging, and process according to guidelines of the sterilizer manufacturer. A cold or warm cycle may be used. Cold cycle with typical 37 degree centigrade temperature aerates for a minimum of twelve hours. 3M testing, using these conditions, has resulted in ethylene oxide residuals of less than 250 ppm. Warm cycle with typical 55 degree centigrade temperature aerates for a minimum of eight hours. 3M testing, using these conditions, has resulted in ethylene oxide residuals of less than 250 ppm. We do not recommend any other sterilization processing methods for Coban wrap. 3M does not guarantee sterility. It is the responsibility of the processor to validate sterility.
How can you apply Coban wrap without risk of over-compression?
Do not apply Coban wrap directly from roll, always unwind approximately 12 inches and apply at desired stretch. For leg compression, currently recommended treatment involves applying at 50% stretch (pull to full stretch, then relax back 50%), with 50% overlap. Some clinicians will apply Coban wrap at a more aggressive stretch, up to full stretch, depending on the clinical situation and clinician preference.